|This is an 8th grade class in which students explore computers, multimedia, networking, and digital cameras. Students will learn how to create art on the computer using Photoshop, create a 2D animation using Flash, and edit to music using iMovie.|
|dig cam shot||photoshop dig cam||portfolio page||imovie||Flash||choice|
|• How to Files||• Project Examples|
|• Student Work|
How to turn files in?
1. Make sure your file is saved onto the Hard Drive, in a folder with your name on it. Not the server.
2. Log onto the "Drop Boxes" server as a guest. (The link is under the "SJH file Server" on your desktop.)
3. Click and drag from your folder on the HD to your class on the server. (multimedia?)
4. How can you double check to make sure your file got into the correct file? You can't open any folders on the drop boxes server... so you have to just drag and drop the same file again... if it asks you
"The item could not be written because an item with that name already exsists. Do you want to continue?"
click "stop" and you know that your file is saved.
If it is not allowing you to click and drag you might not be "loged in" to the locking software foolproof. Go to the finder and "log in" as computer lab and password.
How to make the Color wheel
2. Brush. Click on the box not the arrow.
a. Diameter (50px)
3. New layer
4. Start with Yellow at top. Then choose Red blue (you might have to
change it to cyan)
5. Opacity 100% for these first 3 then 50% when mixing colors.
6. Hot key for brush = (B), eyedropper = (I)
7. Mix secondary & tertiary
1. After your brainstorm is signed off, and your color wheel is made…
2. Make many layers. Name the one right above the color wheel “White” and
dump white paintintoit.
3. Click on the “Black Eye” to turn this layer on and off.
You will just be using the color wheel layer to get creative colors;
you will not actually see the color wheel when we turn it in.
4. Name the layers Circle, Square, Triangle, Plus and Spiral by using
the “Option” key
and clicking on the name of the layer.
5. Draw a quality shape with the marquee tool. Use the “cmd. T” to
transform it. Skew it by holding down the “Cmd.” and clicking
on the box at the corner.
6. Spend 2 days doing the 5 symbols. Make sure to back up to the server everyday.